CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum

This is a CSI Miami Roleplay forum.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANON CHARACTERS!!!!.
I only own this forum and its art work. The show belongs to CBS. Original Characters and fanart excluded

HomeFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Vanished (Mac)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:42 am

Foreboding almost didn't cut it as the clap of thunder rumbled outside the train. Mac only frowned slightly, meeting Wesley's gaze and seeing the suggested question, but deciding against answering it. The main goal was to find Lily, and Mac was rather certain no one would dare try to get too far in a storm like this, even if they'd just kidnapped a young girl from a train filled with people.

With that, Mac moved with Wesley onward through the train, the whole while thinking over anything he might've missed seeing himself. If there was just one thing that would give them a direction, it would certainly be better than the 'nothing' they had at that exact moment.

Soon, they arrived at the head of the train to speak with the driver, Mac stepping aside to allow Wesley to join him and taking in the driver's stern first words with a calm gaze before he noted that it had been recognized he wasn't barging in without good reason. "We have a problem," he said when he felt the driver was going to let him speak, "When the lights first went down on the train, a young girl, a passenger on the train, went missing," he explained, "I've already organized the rest of the passengers with Wesley here to look for her, and what we've seen so far is leading us to believe that we're looking at a kidnapping. I don't believe this train going down in this storm is just a coincidence that nature caused."

There was no time to gently put that fact that a young girl was missing. Mac didn't have those words, anyways. It was just something he couldn't step around. "Did you happen to see anything that was suspicious on this run? We're thinking this girl knows who took her, so it might not have seemed odd, but... we're trying to look at all the possibilities," he continued, "And do you have any spare flashlights? The tunnels dark out there and we won't get far on looking for her if we're in the dark about what's out there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:03 am

Glen frowned as Mac told him a young girl had disappeared from the train. His eyes glanced to Wesley who gave a very brief and silent wave when Mac introduced him as he informed Glen that a search was already underway and Glen’ s frown deepened when Mac explained that the breakdown looked like it might have nothing to do with the storm.

“No. Nothing out of the ordinary. Apart from some low flying objects being flung in the wind.” He answered after thinking about it.

Glen immediately opened a small storage panel on the wall, “Sure. Here you go.” He said as he handed Mac and Wesley the flashlights, keeping just one for his own use. “Thank you.” Wesley said as he took the torches, “These will be most helpful.”

“I have reported the breakdown back to base but rescue are not due to arrive for at least another hour.” Glen informed the pair as he turned back to the radio so he could report the suspected kidnapping.

Once Glen had relayed the bad news to control he was informed that rescue had put them as priority and that they were on their way to the train right now. However it would still be a minimum fifteen minutes before they arrived from their current location, subject to the weather and the traffic it was no doubt causing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 am

Mac nodded, chewing on his lip slightly as he heard from the driver that nothing out of the ordinary besides a few flung objects in the wind had been sighted on the train ride thus far. Based on the possibly high wind speeds outside with the raging storm, Mac really wasn't surprised to hear about that much.

Snapping himself out of his reflection on everything they knew, he accepted the flashlight Glen handed him and offered him a slight smile as thanks even though it was majorly forced because his mind was still more focused on the situation than anything. However, he did manage a quiet, "Thanks," to express that he really did mean that the flashlights would be extremely helpful.

He then let Glen turn to reporting the suspected kidnapping as he turned back to Wesley. "With or without help from rescue, we still need to find Lilly. We need to hook back up with the mother before we join the search teams out in the tunnels to find her daughter. I can't help but think that if we had any kind of direction, even a small one, on who could've taken Lilly that we could cover a lot of ground and be much more informed on what we're looking for," he said. "Even with the urgency I'm sure rescue will put on this case, I highly doubt they'll be here in under a half an hour. I can only imagine what nightmares this storm is ravaging on the conditions out there, so I imagine that we'll be really dang lucky if they get here in under half an hour. I'm guessing an hour to an hour and a half at tops for them to get here, and God knows I'm hoping it doesn't take them that long, but there's no point in hoping for more than reasonably possible."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

Wesley nodded in agreement with everything Mac said to him. Wasting no time he switched on one of the flashlight and followed the detective into the dark and cold tunnel to go and find Lilly’s mother Sharona so that they could talk to her again.

Another clap of thunder vibrated the ground as the pair stepped into the unnervingly dark tunnel, “That one was close.” Wesley said with a touch of concern, they had enough to deal with right now without having to worry about stray lightning bolts.

Wesley followed close behind Mac as they went, their torches providing an ample source of light at a close proximity that cast eerie shadows around them before it’s reach gradually dulled until it could no longer bore into the ghostly blackness ahead. “Is it just me or is this a little creepy?” Wesley asked Mac. A number of creepy scenes from suspense movies dancing in his mind.

Wesley was sure to shine his torch all around in search for anything useful as he went, but there was not much to be seen apart from damp railings. Wesley soon heard voices coming from the darkness ahead, he shone his torch in that direction and he could just about make out that it was one of the search teams.

He and Mac quickly caught up to them in the hope that Sharona was with them and fortunately she was. “Here, we got some flashlights from the engine room.” Wesley said handed the team a couple of flashlight to share.

“We haven’t found anything yet Detective.” The team’s leader updated Mac regretfully. “Please tell me you found something.” Sharona said to Mac desperate for some news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 am

Mac didn't hesitate to switch his own flashlight on and head out into the tunnel with Wesley, but even with the lights, even he couldn't deny a certain hint of uncertainty about what the darkness held that made him strain to see as far ahead and around him and Wesley as he could. And that clap of thunder certainly didn't help.

Thankfully, he managed to keep himself from jumping because he'd been a little too focused to really take note of the storm that was evidently still raging like no tomorrow outside the tunnel. He nodded in agreement with what Wesley said and gave himself a mental reminder to keep some attention to the storm as well. "We'll have to be really careful with all that going on," he muttered in agreement, "Of course, this storm is the last thing I believe any of us needed." By the time he finished, he was more so talking himself through what was going on than making any sort of conversation, but... Well, there was some truth to it, of course.

Picking a way through the darkness with the help of the flashlights, Mac once again agreed with Wesley when he commented about the pressing feeling that something was just a little more than uncomfortable. It was to the point of biting at his nerves, although he didn't care to acknowledge it. "It's not just you," he assured, "Call me whatever you wish, but training and experience with this job isn't really helping." It was actually more so of hindrance. Mac could recall too many situations where a little more knowledge of the terrain around him could've possibly helped. Being out of the know when it came to situations like this wasn't exactly what he liked to have, but what must be will be. He'd manage, especially for the sake of finding this girl. Not finding her or finding her... No. He wasn't even going to go there. It was not an option.

When they finally reached one of the search teams, Mac was relieved that they were able to find Sharona with them. He let Wesley hand out the extra flashlights and took the news of nothing new with a soft sigh and a nod to show he'd heard the update before he turned his attention to the mother. Her words stung more than usual. He'd felt he'd gotten used to those words to some degree over the year, but he dared not become numb to them. That was the day he'd really have to quit.

He shook his head, "Nothing that'll tell us where she is," he said gently. "But... We did get something... We have reason to believe this was deliberate," he told her, trying to pick his words carefully all over again. Normally, he wouldn't try so hard to lighten these words, at least for suspects. But she wasn't a suspect - she was a mother who was missing a daughter. In the middle of a breakdown, no less. The least he could do for her was try to give her something to go on. "Look, I have every intention to find your daughter, and I can tell you right now that you're surrounded by a lot of people with the same goal, but I need to know if you know of anyone that might want to anything like this. I don't think this train broke down because of this storm. The more I know about your daughter and you, the better I can understand this," he explained. But, before he rushed her, he laid a hand gently on her shoulder, "Don't rush," he warned, "Take some time to really think. The more we know, the better chances we have, okay? Even the littlest thing can help."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:47 am

Wesley stood by quietly and let Mac ask the questions.
Sharona frowned in despair when Mac told her they had not found anything either. Her face contorted as she broke down and began to weep when Mac confirmed this was an abduction.
Sharona dried her tears and looked around with an appreciative nod when Mac pointed out how many people were committed to finding Lilly. “We are all in this with you and we are not going to give up.” Wesley assured her with a comforting tone.

Sharona thought about Mac’s question for a moment, then it suddenly came to her. ‘Why didn’t I think of it before!’.
Her face changed dramatically, letting Mac and Wesley know that she has suddenly thought of someone, someone very bad. “My husband is in the special forces.” She began, “About six months ago he was sent on a mission into Mexico, I think it had something to do with stopping a cartel smuggling weapons or something like that, I’m not sure. My husband doesn’t say that much about his work.” She explained, “But not long after he got back, he got a threatening letter delivered to our home in north Carolina and he said that we needed to move, so we came to Miami to be safe...What if it is the bad people from Mexico?” She said visibly alarmed.

She paused for a second wrestling weather to mention it or not, “But...my husband didn’t specifically say that the letter was from the Mexicans...and reading between the things he said, there is a slight chance that the letter might have possibly, possibly, been from someone in his unit.” She said emphasising that it was a very vague likelihood. She only mentioned it because Mac had asked her to tell him anything she could think of. “Because when my husband came back home he was very upset and he told me he had a big fight with, Reece Forge, one of his team mates while they was in Mexico, but he didn‘t say what it was about...And when he said they knew his identity...my husband is always so careful to protect his identity. It just makes me wonder if it could have possibly been from Reece...But I really doubt it was, detective. Reece is a close friend, he couldn’t take Lilly...He wouldn’t.” She told Mac, obviously leaning very strongly to the idea that this could have been done by the Mexican arms smugglers her husband had foiled.

Wesley looked to Mac as they absorbed the new information. An organized Mexican arms cartel with a clear motivational grudge sure fitted in with everything that had happened with the train...then again so did Reece, a highly trained Green Beret.

Sharona held back her tears as she stood there for a moment trying to come to terms with the painful idea that her daughter had probably been taken by a huge and very organized gang.

Wesley placed a comforting hand on the troubled mother’s shoulder that then turned into brief consoling hug. “It’s okay.” He said gently, unable to offer her a more helpful sentiment before he and Sharona turned back to Mac.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Mac let the mother take her time, attentively processing each detail she mentioned. It was a lot of information at once, but it wasn't something he hadn't been fully unprepared for. Special forces? He took good note of all of that information. If this happened to be the result of either of those possibilities, they were looking at a lot of potential trouble and a lot of potential danger for each and every one of the people in this search.

Evidently, when she was finished, she was leaning towards wanting to believe it was the Mexican Cartel. Reasonable on all fronts: Miami was known as a great place to traffic in from Cuba and Mexico. Mac had learned that quickly. Gun running was as common down here as armed robbery was in New York: every time you turned around, you could find it in one form or another.

He found himself chewing on his lip as he thought. Not to mention Special Forces was Special Forces. The was nothing less than what he'd received before being sent to active service in the Marines. They'd have to be careful.

Snapping himself off of the thoughts, he turned his attention back to the mother as Wesley tried to comfort her and his gaze immediately softened. "We're gonna find her and everything is going to be alright, okay? I promised we'd find her and I have every intention to hold that out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:10 am

Sharona nodded and collected herself on hearing Mac re-affirm his promise, “I know. I believe you.” She said looking Mac deep in the eyes, placing all of her hope in him. In him and in everybody currently helping under his leadership.

As Mac and Sharona finished their emotive exchange, another search team approached. “Detective. Detective.” A nearing male voice called from the dimness surrounding Mac and Wesley’s torches, preceding the rapidly approaching search team. His tone indicating to Mac and Wesley that they had found something.
“It’s good you two are here. We were just coming to find you. We found something.” He said once the group had come to stop in front of Mac and Wesley. One of the woman held out her arm in the light of Mac’s torch, giving him what they had found: a long greenish-gray coat.

“I don’t know if it is anything or not, but we got it to you as quick as we could.” The man said as Mac was handed the coat. “Does it help?” The woman asked unsure.

Wesley looked at the coat with a vague squint of recognition.
After giving Mac a chance to inspect it, Wesley took hold of one side of the coat and spread it open so he could see it fully, and at once Wesley clearly knew that he had in fact seen it before, “When I was boarding the train I saw a man wearing this coat.” Wesley told Mac without a shadow of a doubt, “I distinctly remember he had the collar pulled up and his head was down...reading a pamphlet on train routes.” Wesley continued, his mind turning to the most likely conclusion as he spoke, “I didn’t see he’s whole face, but I’m sure he was of Hispanic descent.” Hispanic, very possibly Mexican.

Wesley gave Mac a second to process and think about all that he had been told by everyone. Sharona’s heart sunk at Wesley’s words. She did well holding together at the news and her eyes turned to Mac.

Wesley was thankful that he was a lawyer in training and not the detective right now as all eyes, his own included, feel on Mac as everybody waited for his instructions.

Wesley knew the weight and responsibility that must be resting on Mac shoulders right now in leading this investigation and the search teams, and Wesley just hoped that his assistance helped somewhat to ease the pressure Mac must almost certainly be feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Mac was quickly at attention when he heard the familiar call that was normally used to get his attention. Another search team was what he found himself resting his gaze on, and what they presented made Mac race to find a place as to where he'd seen this coat before, because he was extremely certain he had.

He nodded somewhat mindlessly when he heard the woman with the newest team ask if it helped. "More than you probably known," he said.

Then he looked up as Wesley he'd seen this coat before and he suddenly remembered seeing the same man when he himself boarded. Mac nodded in full agreement with Wesley, almost to the point of being excited that they'd found something that would at least get them started. "I wrote it off as being too careful when I saw him, but, yes, I saw the same man," he confirmed. "Enough years doing my job and you start clocking people even when you're off the job and have no intentions of remembering them."

Now he frowned in thought. Studying that map of the route would give anyone a good idea of where this train was heading and how it would get there. It was the perfect way to figure out the best spot to demobilize the train and kidnap Lilly.

Soon enough, Mac noticed all eyes were on him. Nothing new. He'd spent plenty of time on crime scenes with curious eyes glued on him, wanting to know what he knew and what had happened. But this was without a team to check over his work, although he was confident enough in his skills at this point to say it wasn't fully necessary. This was an investigation to find a young girl, and he couldn't recall such high stakes in his recent memory of cases.

"If he knew where this train was running, then he most certainly knew when to shut this thing down in order to get at Lilly," he said, addressing Wesley. Yes, he had a whole crowd of people that he could address, but Wesley was his great help in this situation. Talking it out with him was an element in this investigation that Mac valued. "That wouldn't have been easy by any means. Not everyone knows how to successfully disable a train in the middle of a Florida storm," he said. Now, he turned to everyone, "If I've said it once, I'll say it about a million times, I'm sure, but you all need to be careful. Based on what we all know... I don't think any of us can deny the possibility of this being more than just one person we have to look for. At the end of the day, we want everyone safe. That includes Lilly, and that includes yourselves," he said. For one last question, he turned back to the newly arrived search team, "Where did you guys find this?" he asked. The odds were that they needed to investigate further there. Odds were that it very well might take them to the next step as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 am

“This way.” The man answered. The search team immediately began leading Mac and Wesley to where they had found the coat.

The group led Mac and Wesley to one of the sets of concert steps that lead up to the walkway that run along the edge of the tunnel. “It was there.” The man said pointing to the browning polls that made up the rusting guardrail.

Wesley followed Mac over to the rail to take a closer look. “Do you see anything?” Wesley asked as he and Mac swept their torches over the area carefully searching for any evidence.

Wesley was doing his up most to help Mac search the scene, but as always he was sure to give Mac enough breathing room to walk about freely and take lead position. Mac was the trained CSI and would be more inclined to find the diminutive clues such as hair or fibers that Wesley knew he could so easily miss or overlook himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 am

Mac followed behind Wesley as the search team took the lead into the darkness of the tunnel, all senses on high alert for anything that was even slightly out of place. Thankfully, this far into the hunt, nothing had been pressing, but it still didn't keep him from having the nagging wish he was armed with his service weapon that pestered him in the back of his mind. He'd feel much more secure about keeping these people he was around with safe if he had that thing on him, but it was law that he kept his weapons at home since he was local enforcement, not federal.

Pushing off those thoughts again, he turned his attention to the scene that him and Wesley were presented with when the search team finally got them to where they'd recovered the jacket. It was immediately clear no one had taken too much care to check in on the standings of this path along the tunnel's side, but it wasn't a trail that was used often, so Mac assumed 'out of sight, out of mind' served to speak the situation for the rusting guardrail and old, somewhat elementally-worn concert steps.

Now was the tricky part of any case - pick apart what you saw to say what was evidence and what was there just to annoy you, get in your way, and/or throw you off. Taking the lead, Mac didn't hesitate to carefully start up the steps, gaze alert and sweeping every inch he could manage to take in before picking where he set his feet down.

The jacket had probably been discarded as either a distraction, in which case it had done its job and was continuing to do it, or as a way to discard extra trouble that would slow down whatever was going down in relation to Lilly. It was a careless mistake in that sense, if that happened to be the case for this jacket, but even a highly organized mob had weak links, and the chain was only as strong as its weakest links. They'd find a chink in this armor sooner or later, he was certain.

When asked if he saw anything, he silently shook his head. He didn't see what he was looking for, and it was actually quite the relief. He was looking for blood, and he couldn't see any trace of it, old or new. The good sign from that was that there was nothing to suggest Lilly was hurt, which was at least something of the 'good news' sort he'd be able to pass on to the child's mother.

"We need to find where this leads," he said finally. Sure, it was dangerous, but when wasn't this job dangerous? "I've got a feeling that there's something more, and the only way to find out what that thing might be is to follow the bread crumb trail." The last comment was more for himself as he looked up the set of stairs further, allowing his gaze to follow the light that washed over the path ahead and gave at least some idea as to what awaited several steps forward. This had to connect to something else. Everything being connected wasn't just a physics theory Mac had held onto over the years, it was something he'd noted as a part of the job. It was the simple theory of transfer in criminal cases - connect the victim to the crime scene, the crime scene to the victim, the victim to the criminal, the criminal to the victim, the criminal to the crime scene, and the crime scene to the criminal and, assuming all procedures were followed and executed accurately, efficiently, and by the book, you ended up with a rock solid case to present to the judge and jury. This was by no means a murder, but the same idea applied - one bread crumb often led to the other in the trail, and Mac had every intention of finding just where this one led with the rest of the people involved so they could see this through to its proper ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:59 am

Wesley nodded to Mac in acknowledgement, as was becoming his custom in this investigation, and he followed him up the stairs to ‘follow the bread crumbs’ as Mac had put it.

The pair climbed the few steps and slowly made their way down the concrete walk, sweeping their torches side to side keeping a careful eye for any bread crumbs as they went.

The pair had only made it a few meters along the walk when a ground shaking clap of thunder sounded that was instantly followed by a long, loud rumble that violently rattled the entire tunnel and the ground under Mac’s and Wesley’s feet.

Wesley whipped around to face the origin of the noise behind, “What was that?” He exclaimed, shining his torch into the darkness where the rumbling had resounded from. “That sounded like a cave in.” He said to Mac grimly, answering his own question.
Then the tail end of a dust cloud seeped out of the edge of the darkness into the light of Wesley’s torch, confirming Wesley’s notion.

‘It never rains, it pours’ was the thought that immediately run through Wesley’s mind. “I wonder if that was a coincidence or not.” Wesley said to Mac with a bleak expression.

(Ooc: Sorry, but I just couldn’t resist idea of a cave in Smile . But if you don’t want to go with it, I can easily edit my post now that I have gotten it out of my system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Mac couldn't resist gritting his teeth in distaste at the loud boom of the thunder that he was increasingly inclined to believe was shaking heaven itself. Storms would usually not bother him this much, but he was starting to get uneasy with the growing power of the raging wind and rain outside of the tunnel. It was bad enough that they were dealing with a serious threat and rather ill-prepared to handle it. He really didn't need the extra worry of mother nature using her powers against all of them on his plate as well.

So he leaned against the wall, looking up as Wesley spun around to check out the origin of the foreboding noise that greeted them from where they had come from, a frown tugging clearly at his features. He nodded in agreement with Wesley's assessment of what probably happened. "God forbid this get any worse," he muttered, standing properly again as the dust started to edge in at the light from the flashlights they carried with them.

The frown he had already been wearing grew as he heard Wesley's final comment of it possibly just being coincidence. "Normally, I would already tell you that I don't believe in such things," he said, "but I especially don't believe such a thing could happen out of coincidence with this case. We can't afford to write it off as that even if it is, but either way, I've got a bad feeling about all of this," he admitted. "To tell you the truth, I'm starting to sincerely regret not being a renegade and bringing my gun with me. I would feel a lot better about all of this if I had that thing on me right about now," he said honestly, looking back at Wesley and sharing in the younger man's bleak expression. Expect the unexpected just really didn't cut it right about now...

(OoC: Naahhh, don't apologize. xD I love it. This is what I mean every time I say trouble follows my characters like I magnetized them to it. I'm such a trouble-addict for them. Very Happy I love the idea way too much to give it the boot because it just makes things even more "deliciously complicated," as I believe Sherlock Holmes once said in one of the movies where RDJ plays him. xD I <3 it!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:27 am

Wesley had a bad feeling about it himself and what Mac said only served to set that feeling.

The young genius looked to Mac, a solemn expression on his face, a grave and serious tone in his voice as he spoke, “I haven’t really dealt with a situation even close to this, but I would suggest that we get all of the other passengers back on the train. If not just for their safety, then to keep an eye on your suspects...” He began, “As you said any one of them could have something to do with all of this....If that is the case the perpetrator is not going to want to be penned up in a carriage is he? We put them on the train and see who, if anyone, leaves the train. Narrow down your list of suspects.” He finished, explaining the idea behind his suggestion.

Admittedly Wesley knew his idea had pros and cons. With the passengers back on the train Mac and Wesley would have to do everything themselves with no assistance, and also the other passengers would potentially be penned up with someone involved in a crime of this scale. But on the plus side their pool of suspects would not be running around the tunnel unsupervised, and it could narrow that pool of suspects down to one or two...assuming that the perpetrator was still in the tunnel that is.

Mac was the seasoned expert with a good head on his shoulders, and Wesley left it up to his wisdom and good judgment to decide what they should do next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Mac couldn't hide a grimace that was brought on by the suggestion. He had started calculating out in his head roughly how many people were in danger what felt like many long, painful hours ago and he was starting to feel increasingly surprised that his head wasn't hurting with all of the new twists being presented. The main problem was how to balance risk with reward. Lord knew if their suspects were armed that there was no way herding everyone back on the train would be a good idea. They'd be looking at a much larger hostage situation then and even all of his years of military combat training wouldn't be able to help them much then, especially if there were several suspects that were armed.

Curse security for not letting me bring that damn gun! Sure, it'd be no use once he ran out of bullets and extra clips, but at least it would've been something. No time to waste on it now. The fact was that he didn't have it and wishing for it wasn't going to solve any of their problems. "I'd agree that we at least want to get back with them," he said, "There's no way that having all of them out in the tunnel is any kind of a good idea at this point, but I'm not sure how our luck is going to hold out with this cave in. God only knows if we'll even be able to make it back to the group with this mess," he added, chewing on his lip harshly. "I wouldn't have a problem with the idea of getting everyone back on the train if I was armed, but we have to be careful since I'm not. If our kidnappers really are on that train, there's the chance that they're armed and that's a lot of people that they can kill and injure to get what they want. I've got nothing but my badge and ID and we both know that that's not going to cut it if it comes down to a gunfight."

But what other serious choice did he have? Without a solid source of information, there was no telling where this little side tunnel might lead and if they didn't have the rest of the group with them, it'd just be him and Wesley going against that unknown. What they really needed was backup and search and rescue. With the storm growing worse, Mac could only imagine the delays. We'll just have to make do... He shook his head firmly to clear his head before looking back to Wesley. "Let's see if we can get back with the group we were with and we'll go from there. I don't know if I fancy leaving them all out there with potentially dangerous kidnappers on the loose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:46 am

“No. Of course.” Wesley said pensively when Mac voiced his concerns of putting everyone back on the train without having his service weapon to protect them with. “That is a very good point, Detective.” ...A very good point indeed.

Wesley shone his torch back towards the concrete steps they had walked up only minutes ago, “Well the cave in seemed like it happened farther away behind us, so we should be able to go back the way we came without any problems.” Wesley remarked when Mac said about getting back to the group. Finally something positive Wesley could say to the detective, although it was of small consolation in the grad scheme of their situation.  

Wesley was right, as he and Mac backtracked on themselves they found the path was as clear as it had been before the cave in, save for some dust and a few chippings of brick.

It was not long before the pair got back to the group to find that Glen, the driver, was looking for them. “Detective.” He said spotting Mac and going straight to him.

Glen stopped in front of Mac and Wesley, a walky-talky in his hand, and he wasted no time bringing Mac up to speed, “Rescue has arrived. I have told them about the missing girl, but they can’t get in yet. The back of the tunnel has collapsed in because of the weather, it’s a really bad storm out there. And the front of the tunnel is stopped up with a monster of a tree that has been clogged up with debris from the storm...They think the fallen tree might be more than just a coincidence.” Glen held out the walky-talky to Mac, “Rescue want’s to talk to you. They want you to bring them up to speed on the situation, and to know if there is anything they can do to help from the out side.” He finished without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Mac had to fight hard to keep a frown from crossing his features when Wesley commented on him having a point when he expressed his worries about cramming everyone back on the train. It was still an option, and it was one that he was being forced to consider even though there was still a good part of him that was strongly against it considering the risk. You do what you have to... That's been the rule since you were born. It's about time you bit that bullet, he mentally scolded himself. An option was an option, no matter how outweighed pros were by the cons. He had to consider it. The laws of the job required it.

Silently, he followed after Wesley as they backtracked back towards the main tunnel where they'd left the group and other search teams. As much as he was going back over in his head, Mac allowed himself the relief of knowing that the cave-in hadn't separated them from the rest of the passengers. He didn't even want to think for a second on what they would be forced to deal with if that had been the case.

Then there was Glen, and, thankfully, the driver brought the best news Mac had heard in what felt like a good many hours now. He accepted the walky-talky from Glen, almost instantly knowing exactly what they needed. They needed layout plans, and having people on the outside of this hell, as he was now inclined to name it, would be able to give them access to that. "We need layouts for this whole tunnel," he said, voicing his thoughts to Wesley again before he got on the walky-talky with rescue. "Even if we can't get back there now, we need to know where that side service tunnel leads to. We've had teams scouring this whole tunnel for probably a good few hours now and I'm still thinking that that's the only place we have to look if Lilly's around here, and, with that storm out there, there is hardly any chance that she's too far." Stopping to chew on his lip, he attempted to not get ahead of himself. The weather was friend and enemy. They'd need those plans as soon as humanly possible, but he didn't know if such a luxury would be offered. If rescue couldn't get in with the tunnel blocked, and it was starting to increasingly seem like all of these 'mishaps' were entirely intentional, something had to be done from the inside, but it could not happen without outside help.

Finally, he got on the walky-talky to speak with rescue. He'd need a status update from rescue outside probably as much as they needed one from him, so the first priority was to check on progress. They'd be able to work out everything else that needed to happen in order for this to be resolved safely once their current status was confirmed, and even before that, he needed to confirm that everyone was on green for go on communications. "This is Detective Taylor; I understand that we've got rescue out there?" There was no time for the standard chit-chat of police codes and badge numbers to confirm he was an officer. They had lost enough time as it was on this case and he dared not consider what odds they were standing against. They simply couldn't afford to think like that at this exact moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Outside the sky was dark and the wind was howling furiously. The storm had reached it’s peak and was holding steady, placing sections of the city on hurricane warnings and putting the scene outside of the tunnel in an awful mess.

“Move. Get that cleared.” Rescue worker Gable Finch shouted over the wind, directing two of the rescue workers under his command to some broken, ragged debris hindering efforts to clear the scene and move the fallen tree.

"This is Detective Taylor; I understand that we've got rescue out there?" Aired Mac’s voice from the walky-talky on Finch’s hip.
Finch hand been waiting to hear from the detective since talking to Glen after arriving at the scene nearly fifteen minutes ago. Finch could tell by the way Mac had spoken that he was past using formalities to communicate. After all he had been down there for hours, leading an increasingly complicated search with nothing but a flashlight.
It was understandable that Mac wanted to cut the jargon and talk plainly to get everyone up to date and on the same page, and to finally get some desperately needed help.

Finch instantly grabbed the walky-talky and brought it up to his mouth to respond to Mac, “Copy that Detective Taylor. I’m Gable Finch. Rescue is on scene and we understand you have a situation down there. Is anyone in need of medical attention?” He responded, pausing to let Mac fill him in on the events that had occurred and the status of the passengers.

“It seems the storm has reached it’s worst out here, there are even hurricane warnings for parts of the city and coat lines.” Finch began, updating Mac on the situation outside of the tunnel, “Unfortunately we are unable to access the tunnel for the time being, both front and rear access has been obstructed, Detective.” He informed Mac regretfully. He knew it was not what he needed to hear right now.
“Looks like the storm collapsed the rear of the tunnel. The front entrance has been jammed by a tree, but unfortunately we can’t blame nature for that one, the tree was deliberately fallen. It looks like explosives where used at the base of the trunk.” He continued, painting out the scene for Mac...and for Wesley who was by Mac’s side, listening with an ever growing frown.

“The weather is making everything very difficult as I’m sure you understand. Now we are working flat out to get to you as fast as we can but it’s still gonna take some time. Is there anything I can do to help you in the mean time?” Finch finished.
Finch knew the best way to help Mac and the passengers was to get that tree moved, but until then he knew that Mac probably needed all of the help he could get given his circumstances and responsibilities right now, and Finch felt a personal obligation to help his brother in the civic service to deal with this situation and protect those relying on him in any way he could
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Mac listened as Finch explained the situation from the outside looking in, having to work to pick up on the man's voice under the howl and roar of the storm raging its war on mankind outside. There was simply no doubting that it must've been one hell of a spectacle to watch. Hurricane warnings on the coast and parts of the city? That said everything and more that needed to be said about the situation outside the tunnel.

"No, we're all alright," Mac reported, starting from the beginning with Finch's first question on the medical needs of the passengers. "From the looks of it, the train's been shut down on purpose through something technical. Our search groups are scattered right now scanning the tunnel, but the last time we had them all together, everyone was fine and no one was hurt when the train stopped."

As for the note about how they were trapped inside and rescue was trapped outside, he couldn't muster up surprise no matter how hard he tried. After everything they'd learned about the situation so far, Mac found it impossible to see the news about the tree as shocking. "Nothing seems to be nature's fault except for the cave-in, and if I was a betting man, I'd bet that they were planning on blocking that side of the tunnel if nature didn't do it for them. They might not have even been expecting a storm, so I'd bet that whoever pulled this off was prepared for the best and the worst. They're good, and the situation as it stands isn't making any of our jobs easier."

But the real money-making question was Finch's last question, and Mac found himself chewing on his lip, nodding slightly as he heard the question come through on the walky-talky he held between him and Wesley so they could both hear. "There's one thing I could really use right now, but I'm not certain how easy it'll be with the storm. If there's one thing you could pull off for me besides getting in here, I really could use the blueprints for this tunnel. We found an old service tunnel off the side of the main tunnel and I'm not armed in here. I can't feel safe directing the rest of these passengers while I don't have a weapon on me unless I know what I'm looking at. We're looking at a potentially armed and dangerous group of suspects for this, and I know nothing more than that and that they have a young girl that was taken off this train right out from under the rest of us when the train went down. Blueprints for how this tunnel system is laid out is the only thing I know to ask for at this point. If you could get that to us somehow, it'd do the world of good for getting us somewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:15 am

Finch put his finger in his ear and held the walky-talky near to his face as he tried to hear Mac and talk with him over the wind, “Err...Okay detective. Give me some time and I can get the blueprints. But I don’t know how I’m gonna get them to you. As I’ve just said the tunnel is completely blocked and there is no way you’ll have cell reception in there...Just wait and I’ll see what I can do.” Finch replied, “I’ll get the schematics to you if I have to read them to you over the radio.” He assured Mac. “And Detective, I’ve got you on your own frequency so that you and me have a clear line. Given the situation I don’t know who could be listening in otherwise and I don’t want to give them anymore of a jump than they already have. I’m gonna work on those blueprints but is there anyone you want me to call or contact here in the outside world in the meantime?” He finished.

Inside the tunnel Wesley’s frown grew less deep as he heard Finch’s assurance come through on the walky-talky.
After being trapped in the eerily dusky tunnel, cut off for so long, Wesley had started to feel like they were the only people left after a catastrophe in some sort of blockbuster disaster movie, and he imagined that was how the rest of the people trapped in the tunnel must be feeling as well.

Wesley found it heartening to finally hear a voice from the outside world and it was very alleviating to know they now had a man on the outside helping them. Even if the outside could not get inside right now, help was help and Wesley knew how much he and Mac needed it.

Wesley’s eyes turned to Mac as Finch asked his final question for the time being and went silent on the Walky-talky, giving Mac a chance to think and respond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 am

Mac nodded again as he listened to Finch mentioning that it would be a difficult request since they were both trapped on opposite sides of what was shaping out to be what he was daring to call an aggravating situation. There was nothing like knowing there was something you could do, but being completely unable to do it efficiently. The hardest part of the business was sharing the bad news that he heard and saw so often. This was one of those situations he prayed he wouldn't have to share such news. If he had to, he would. You had to learn to manage situations like that, and the last thing he would ever do to that mother was sugarcoat the truth of the situation, but he wanted to avoid having to do such a thing, at all costs.

For a few moments after Finch had finished speaking, Mac remained silent, distant gaze fixed on the darkness further down the tunnel. "No... I think that's all I can ask for," he said finally. "At the moment, the best thing I can do is let you get back to your work and ask you to let me back to the part of mine that I can do in this situation. I'll let you know if we pull up anything in here, alright? The sooner we can get this resolved the way we're all hoping it to go down, the happier I'm sure all of us will be."

At the very least, he finally knew that there was an outside source of help. He hadn't had to run an operation like this since... Well, God only knew when the last time had been... There was people he could've asked for, but all of those contacts were useless at this point. With the severity of the storm, Mac hadn't even considered asking for anyone else from the Department. They were probably tied up with other duties, and there was no use in asking them to come from those tasks to help out with this one. The search and rescue crew would be enough for the situation as long as they remembered what they were dealing with, because even though Mac was willing to pay a price for this to come out to a peaceful end, he preferred to avoid that cost involving the loss of life. A clean - as clean as a thing like this could be - arrest and everyone else safe was a lot to ask for, but it was still the goal.

~~~~~
OOC: I'm so terribly sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. RL's been a little hectic and I've been running about on other sites helping with revivals and taking care of my 'armies' of characters there. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:36 am

Wesley lingered around with Mac while they waited to hear back from Finch. He sauntered around alternating between lazy circles and short paces, waiting as the minutes ticked by incredibly slowly.

Then finally, after nearly twenty long minutes, Finch’s voice once again infiltrating the shadowy, dimness of the tunnel from the walky-talky, “Detective, this is Finch. Do you read me?”

Wesley quickly moved back to Mac’s side to be sure that he could hear the walky-talky clearly. “I have the tunnel schematics.” Finch declared, his voice accompanied by strong resonance from the storm. “I can’t think of a way to get them to you, so I’ll have to talk you through it.” He informed Mac and Wesley.

Outside of the tunnel, Finch moved to one of the vans that was slightly more protected from the howl of the gale force. He spread the blueprint out over the hood and did his best to hold it there as he yelled to Mac down his walky-talky and strained to hear his replies over the strong winds. “Where are you down there?” He asked so that he could try and figure out where he would be leading Mac and Wesley ‘from’ and ‘to’.

That was a good question.
Inside the tunnel Wesley shone his torch around his surroundings searching for a landmark of some kind, “Umm...” He mused as he and Mac stood and scanned for something usable. Then the light from his torch fell on a numbered fire hose that was next to a door, “There is a door marked ‘Maintenance Access’, next to fire hose 4.” He reported to Finch.

Finch scanned the blueprint, “Okay, I got it.” He replied. “Where are you looking to go from there?” Finch asked Mac so that he could give the appropriate directions.

Ooc: That is okay, I have been busy myself this week or two. Hence my slowness in this reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Detective Mac Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Waiting had never been Mac's favorite thing to do, and, with time, it was not his strongest point, either. In the tunnel, twenty minutes could easily stretch to feel like an hour. When he dared to dig through his memories to find a time that was similar to this, he could think back too far for his comfort, and a grim frown would flicker across his features in those moments.

When Finch's voice finally came over the walky-talky again to infiltrate the darkened tunnel and sounds of the raging storm outside, it came as a bigger relief than Mac had expected. Finally, they might be getting somewhere. "Loud and clear, Finch," he confirmed when asked if he had heard the man on the outside, "We're here."

Mac looked to Wesley when the question came of where they were, and he let the younger man answer before chewing slightly on his lip. At that moment, asking him where they wanted to head was like asking him if he wanted to go to Narnia or some other make-believe place. He honestly had no clue. "What kind of layout are we looking at?" he asked Finch, "I need to know if there's any other way out of this tunnel other than the two entrances that are blocked. As soon as I know that, then that's where we need to go, because, if I was a betting man, I'd bet that whoever we're dealing with in this mad parade had to at least head that way."

Last edited by Detective Mac Taylor on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesley van de Camp

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 am

Finch looked over the schematics.

“Err...No. There is no other way out...” Came the reply over the walky-talky. Wesley frowned tiredly, like Mac, that was not the answer he was hoping to hear. “Only a small warren of maintenance passageways.” Finch continued.

Wesley shut his eyes, then looked down at the floor for a brief moment, knowing what that meant; If they had searched the train and the tunnel and found nothing, then it stood to reason that Lilly would be somewhere in the maintenance tunnels...they would have to search them too, for as long as it takes.
Wesley’s tired eyes almost immediately turned back to Mac, as he and Finch waited for him to respond.

It had been a long day, Wesley had been helping Mac look for Lilly for hours, and he would keep helping. But his body was feeling tired now, he was feeling tired now. And he could feel himself growing weaker as his MG steadily wore away at his muscles in it’s slow, unrelenting line of attack, though he decided to hide it from Mac as best as he could, for as long as he could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanished (Mac)   

Back to top Go down

Vanished (Mac)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2